Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Introductions, etc.

Let's start with introductions, shall we?

My name is Wesley, but I typically go by the screen name "chibiforte" on the internet. This screen name is a remnant from bygone times, used mostly when I discovered IRC rooms in 2001. Since then, it has been my go-to username for most things that involve the internet.

I am currently living in South Korea with my wife. We are English teachers (which is totally unheard of, I know) that are planning on living here for the long-term, if possible. When I am not teaching or spending time with my wife, I can typically be found playing iOS and DS games, watching Kamen Rider, listening to Doctor Who audio dramas, and

I decided to start a blog because I wanted an outlet through which I can share my opinions and points of view on a myriad of subjects. Nothing too serious, I imagine, so do not worry about that. I just like writing, and I feel the urge to write something informative. If nobody reads the blog, well, that is okay. At least I will have a repository of articles and posts that I can refer back to in the future.  If people decide to read the blog, so much the better, because then I can have feedback.

As mentioned previously, I will be covering many subjects in my posts. Tokusatsu, Doctor Who, video games, DragonBall, Pokémon, current events, random thoughts, podcasts, websites, reviews (perhaps), etc. Basically, whatever I am interested in, I will talk about. Some of my posts might be super-long and informative; some other posts might be little more than a link or YouTube video.

Not having a specific focus might be off-putting for some, but it will provide a wide-range of subjects by which we can converse and discover new things. That's why the internet is a community, I think.

Over the next few days (or perhaps weeks), I will be tweaking and editing the blog a bit to make it a little more aesthetically pleasing. If someone reads this and wonders why changes are being made, well, that is the reason.

Thank you for reading this post, and I look forward to writing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment