Saturday, September 8, 2012

Future Series of Blog Posts

While traveling into Seoul to attend my college course yesterday, I pondered about a future series of blog posts I could write. What is something that I am uniquely qualified to talk about? Have I studied this issue in some depth? What can someone gain from reading about my experiences with this particular matter?  All of these questions are important. I do not simply want to tread and re-tread ground that others have talked about at length. I want something unique for my blog so that people feel they are getting something new and different from it.

Therefore, I am planning on writing a series of blog posts about a certain issue that I have dealt with all of my life: obsessive-compulsive disorder. This is something that has defined much of what I do in my day-to-day life and is a personal object of study for me, so I feel that it is important for me to put to writing. There are many misconceptions when it comes to what, exactly, OCD is, and I hope to shed some real-life experience on the issue so that those who feel the same way can find a sense of understanding from this blog.

When I was dealing with my obsessive behavior during particularly poignant portions of my life, reading about people who have had similar experiences was very helpful. No longer did I feel that I was the only one on earth dealing with these difficulties. There were many, many other people who expressed their feelings on the exact same issues I did, and in a way, it helped me to deal with my own problems and obsessions in a type of healing process. It was quite helpful for my personal development and it helped me become the man I am today.

I do not know how many posts I will write on this issue yet, but I do hope that somebody will be able to gain some semblance of help or hope by reading these entries. I also hope that by doing this, others can find a sense of kinship with others who share these difficulties in their lives and share experiences and develop friendships with each other.

Perhaps I will forever be the optimist, but I hope that this will help somebody in some capacity sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment