Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Due Contrition

"Due Contrition" is a short film I made for my university's film festival in November 2011. This was my last year as an undergraduate, so I wanted to end my time there with something memorable. I had always been interested in making a film for this film festival (and at this point, I had helped with two movies during the previous year), so it seemed right to go ahead and try my best.

"Due Contrition" is a detective film presented in the film noir fashion. I opted for the black-and-white style because it is visually appealing to me and adds to the mood of mystery. Though the story was not as fleshed out as I wanted it to be originally, I feel that it turned out pretty well for the most part.

My character in this film is a man named Adrian, who is the detective's partner and confidant. I won two awards for this film: Best Actor (for my performance as Adrian) and Best Drama. I am not terribly convinced that I should have won the first award, but I am humbled by it and hope to continue to improve my abilities with some tentative filming projects in the future.

And now, without further ado, here is "Due Contrition"

No comments:

Post a Comment